Semester over!! I haven't looked into colleges to transfer but I'm thinking Chapel Hill could be good. Haven't read much this month but I've been making a lot of music, here's some of those songs (I'm still working on the two guitar ones at the start ☺). The next Entertainers is taking priority and we want to get a rough version completed this next week, then hammer out the last 2 or so songs and work on mixing/mastering. I've been learning Lua (Bright Eyes) and Zombie Girl (Adrianne Lenker) on guitar which are both just beautiful. I'm definitely going to be listening to some solo Adrianne, Big Thief never really grabbed me but that song man...
Oh yeah, I almost forgot I also put out these two videos earlier this month. There's one longer one I gotta get to editing on DaVinci, but that's sorta on the backburner for now. On the more visual side I also did cover art for a dear friend's EP, check it out!! Up there w/ my favorite releases this year 😊
With regards to music listening I've fallen back into my Charles Hamilton listening and am currently working on my write-up for And Then They Played Dilla. Also went through some Bright Eyes (got a newfound love for Wide Awake) and later Modest Mouse (in preparation for their new album which I'm quite hype for). Speaking of hype, that new Quadeca 👀.. I have this soft rule of not listening to advance singles, but the fanfare surrounding Dark Magic is making it difficult. I'm always gonna be there for new full length Quad though, love that dude.
And so it winds down.. here's to June, Summer is in full swing, here's to hot weather and cold water, to Modest Mouse, to writing and recording, to my friends, to me, to The Entertainers!! Here's to creating, to putting yourself out there, to movement.

No comments:
Post a Comment